Suffah welfare trust was established in April 2004 in a small town named “Bhaun” which is situated between Chakwal and Kallar Kahar. The road connecting Chakwal and Kallar Kahar passes through it.Bhaun lies in the tehsil Kallar Kahar and in the district Chakwal. It is amongst the most populous and developing villages in district Chakwal. The lack of education and livelihood opportunities, especially among women and girls, is one of the main reasons of unemployment and poverty in this region.
Realizing the needs of the communities, Suffah trust started its operations with following objectives:
- To provide livelihood opportunities (thru courses and linkages) for the vulnerable group (especially widows, disable and marginalized groups)
- To equip the local youth with technical education to reduce unemployment and promote self-employment
- To provide free education facility to needy and deserving students (especially girls)
- To provide free medical facilities to needy and deserving community members and families
- Audited Annual accounts available to all donors and also on website from 2012;
- Community influence in the board of trustees;
- Regular board meetings;
- Accounting system and record;
- Mobilizing philanthropists from within the village to ‘ADOPT’ a child for meeting his/her educational expenses etc.
- Mobilizing local youth (boys & girls) to volunteer themselves for teaching poor students on regular or periodic basis.
- Mentoring support by senior villagers (ex-service) to imparting knowledge to the new generation in their respective fields of experience.
- Mobilizing people of means for sponsoring sports for youth;